From the obvious dangers lurking online for kids to the less obvious - this list provides parents with eight compelling reasons to install parental control software today. Like it or not, your kids will ultimately thank you for keeping them safe.
- Adult content - Each year, nearly half of kids and teens between the age of 10 - 17 report seeing pornographic content online. Of these, nearly two-thirds said they do not want to view such material. Gone are the days of nudie playing cards or racy magazines. Kids today are exposed to images that would make your skin crawl - and it extends beyond sexual content: drugs, gambling, and other age-inappropriate content is freely available online. It's a devil's playground, unless you have parental control software installed. For example, Familoop Safeguard makes it easy for parents to block their kid's access to sites intended for mature eyes only. And to ensure educational searches are not excluded, such as "breast cancer," parents can set-up terms that will not be filtered out of search results - sign up for Familoop Safeguard trial to apply smart web filtering on your kids' devices.
- Cyber bullies - For as long as there have been kids, there have been bullies. The playground and classroom setting filled with rambunctious kids - all with diverse home lives and ways of coping with problems have always been ground zero for bullying. Problem is, with social media networks, bullying has found a new home - from school to online. A Microsoft study has indicated over 50% of kids are bullied online. And remember - these are only the kids who felt comfortable reporting the cyberbullying. Many kids are too embarrassed to tell an adult if they've been the victim of cyberbullying. While parental software may not guarantee your child will not be bullied, it can certainly nip it in the bud before the bad behavior goes too far. And "too far" can mean disastrous consequences, with some kids committing suicide due to horrific online bullying they experienced by their peers.
- Online predators - This is a no-brainer, right parents? Gone are the days of strangers in cars luring kids with candy. Predators have turned their efforts online where they can identify their targets more easily. Parental control software empowers parents to take back control over who their child chats and emails with online.
- Identity theft - Kids can be impulsive (heck, when it comes to that eBay auction, even adults can get caught up in the heat of the moment). Before your kid hits that "buy" button on a potentially fraudulent website, parental control software enables you to vet the website first before your child gives up personal information.
- Secret clubbing - Underage drinking is a serious problem. With the rise of pop-up clubbing, both at established hot spots as well as secret clubs in unsupervised environments, kids are at risk of alcohol poisoning, drinking and driving, and date rape drugs. Parental control software installed on your child’s smartphone enables you to know where your child is at all times.
- Wasting time and Internet addiction - Surfing online can be addictive. So addictive, in fact, that your child may avoid homework and home responsibilities - or even sacrifice leisure activities he actually enjoys, such as socializing with friends or playing sports. Familoop's parental control software offers convenient time trackers and ways to curb the amount of time your child spends online – sign up for Familoop Safeguard trial to encourage the development of healthy Internet habits. This will serve your kids well into their teens and adulthood, providing a balanced life.
- You can’t always be there - Like it or not, you can't always hover over your kid's shoulder ensuring they are making the best choices while online. Parental control software minimizes the risk of harm your child may encounter online, while continuing to use technology to the fullest. The best part is, your child will feel a greater sense of freedom, knowing they can use technology in privacy as long as they use it responsibly.
- Kids may not tell you when they are in trouble - Sure, kids may make mistakes sometimes, but most often their priority is to make their parents proud. Sometimes they may find themselves in a heap of trouble, but won't share this with their parents for fear of letting the folks down. When it comes to online activities such as cyberbullying, predators, or identity theft, parental control software eliminates the chance of secrecy at that very moment you need to be aware of it most.
These are just eight reasons - discover dozens of more reasons on the Familoop blog why parental control software works. With parental control software, you are empowered to do what you do best... parent.